Monday, August 10, 2009
The deception begins
Doesn't Jordan look happy with the smoothie I made him? So along with the lies of Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy, I have carried the deception over to the kitchen. For within these lovely smoothies lies lots of fruit, some yogurt, honey, oatmeal and......spinach!!!! Yes, spinach. See, Jordan is not a veggie eater and although we eat pretty healthy around here and he also gets a daily vitamin, I want to try to find a way to get veggies in their proper form inside his little body. Maya will eat almost anything so I'm not too concerned with her. So I found a recipe online from a mom with the same issue and whipped up these concoctions last Friday. The kids thought they were delicious, although Jordan did ask me what the little specks of green were. I just told him it was from all the fruit. : )

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I LOVE it. Maybe I'll try it for my veggie-impaired husband...
ReplyDelete