Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Maya's Birthday Party

We had Maya's 2nd birthday party on Saturday at my parents house. Since Maya is quite obsessed with princesses and the colors pink and purple, my mom was able to order a cake that incorporated all of Maya's favorite things.


It didn't take Maya too long to start digging into the presents. I think she had opened a couple by the time everyone got in the room.


The birthday princess in her 4th of July dress and crown.

I think one of her favorite presents was a Princess tricycle or "pink bike", as Maya would call it. I love how Jordan is just as excited as Maya is. He is a good big brother.


Many thanks to my cousin Kara who snapped all these great pictures!


When we set the cake down in front of Maya, she started swiping at the frosting with her fingers and before my brain could compute what to do with the situation....


...my mom handed her a spoon and off she went. Jordan was a little concerned that she was going to eat all the cake herself. When I went to take it away, Maya screeched quite loudly...I think she thought the whole cake was for her. : )



Here is a picture of some of the damage. I am particularly proud that the divot in the cake is in the shape of a Mickey Mouse head...I'm sure Maya did that on purpose.



Here is Maya riding on her pink bike. The bonus gift on this tricycle was a very loud horn that all the kids seemed to like to honk repeatedly.


If you look closely in this picture, you can see Maya dressed up in the princess dress my cousins got her. She loves it and of course she looks pretty adorable too. It came with high heels, tiara, purse, jewelry and a magical wand. I think she'd stay in it all day if let her.
Many thanks to my parents and Nate's parents for hosting the party and providing food. Also, it was great to see all my uncle's family...they were at their cabin for the holiday weekend and I thank them for taking time out of their day to come to a 2 year old's birthday party!

Happy birthday party day, little Maya. I'm happy to see you like cake frosting as much as your mom does. We love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment