It was pretty cold and gloomy that morning so I ran one of my fastest time for a 5K race - 27:15 minutes, which came out to a pace of 8:46 min/mile. I was chilly, but also wanted to get back in time to see Jordan and Maya start their race. Here I am with my two little runners right after I finished my race.
About 5 minutes before their big 50 yard dash, we did some warm-ups. Here is the twist...
Reaching up high...
And bending all the way down.

They ran a great race and held hands the whole way! Maya fell down a couple times but got up quick and finished like a champ.
In addition to a t-shirt, they both got a ribbon and a coupon for a free Culvers ice cream cone! They were really proud of their ribbons. Very cute.
To celebrate our big race, we went to Daisy Cafe and Cupcakery, which is a fairly new cafe on Madison's East Side. As you can guess from the name, they feature the most wonderful cupcakes. Maya picked out a vanilla one...
And Jordan picked out a chocolate one. The frosting turned out to be dark chocolate and he didn't care for it too much, so Maya was happy to switch with him. That girl will eat anything. Last week she ate a radish. So odd.
They ran a great race and held hands the whole way! Maya fell down a couple times but got up quick and finished like a champ.
yay! so proud of all of you!
ReplyDelete