Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A beautiful day

This morning was my monthly turn to volunteer at Jordan's preschool. Maya has become so comfortable in his classroom and all the other kids know her by name and love having her around. She is going to have no problem transitioning into preschool when she is 3! It was really fun to observe Jordan in a learning environment. Today he was really interested in the science center project - a white carnation in a vase filled with green water. He told me all about how the flower is going to drink the water and then the white flower will turn green. He was also telling everyone about how he is going to his grandma and grandpa's house on Thursday after preschool and that he and Grandma E are going to build a Lego car. He thought it was pretty cool that I had little tasks to do around the classroom to help out and he kept asking the teachers what I could do next. I had a parent-teacher conference with his two teachers last Thursday at which they told me some great things about our little guy....he is friends with everyone, is above average in his cognitive and social skills, but most importantly, that he always comes in every morning with a smile on his face. That made me a very proud mom. His last day is on Thursday and the class is celebrating the end of year with a beach party! Jordan already asked me to lay out his swimsuit and his Mickey Mouse towel!

So this afternoon I was doing dishes in the kitchen and I noticed Maya was unusually quiet, which almost always amounts to some mischief on her part. I peeked into the living room...



...and saw that she found my stash of Disney stickers and decided to decorate her lower legs and feet. Not too destructive! Later she entertained me by holding her Princess cell phone to her foot and saying "Toes talk phone" and then laughing like it was the funniest thing in the world.



We were able to get outside for awhile before dinner. While they were looking at a tree, I overheard Jordan telling Maya that someday she can get some Cinderella underwear but that she has to wash them first before she wears them. Kind of a funny conversation to have between a 2 and 4 year old!

One last thing...today Maya was eating a cereal bar for a snack. Once she had finished hers, she grabbed Jordan's and started to eat his. I told her that it was Jordan's and that she shouldn't eat it, so she reached her in mouth and then placed the chewed up, sticky blob in my hand and said "Sorry!"

No comments:

Post a Comment