Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday Funday

This morning we set out to Kopke's Greenhouse to get some flowers. Nate and I have been going there since before we had kids. It is in Oregon, which is a nice 20 minute scenic drive from our house. I love the smell of greenhouses and the colors from the flowers are just beautiful. We picked up some pansies, basil and tomato plants. I can see how you could drop some serious money at this place!

After we drove back from the greenhouse, we stopped by Nam's Noodle, a great Vietnamese restaurant on campus. Nate and I used to eat there all the time during college and our favorite thing was their spring rolls, which consist of rice noodles, pork, shrimp and lettuce rolled up in rice paper. I haven't been there in probably 3 or 4 years so we called ahead and picked up 2 orders of spring rolls to go. They are still as good as I remember! Now I wish I would have taken a picture of them so I could share their loveliness with everyone. : )

During "Jordan time" (the 45 min before Jordan goes down for his quiet time - Maya is down for her nap and this is his special time to pick an activity for just him and I to do) today, Jordan wanted to plant the flowers we had bought. He was a big help and he really enjoyed playing around in the dirt with his little shovel.

After everyone got up from naptime/quiet time and had their snacks, we got some tulips and daffodils together to take over to Mara and Mike's house for a belated May Day surprise. Here is a video from our adventure.



After supper (pizza party!), we took out our baseball equipment to the green space in between the condo buildings and did some practicing. Jordan picked up on Nate's suggestions quickly and got some good hits in! I signed him up for a beginning t-ball league this summer through the Middleton Park and Rec so it's nice we are able to give him some introduction to the sport before the summer starts. Of course when Jordan wasn't looking, Maya put her little princess ball on the tee and hit it with the bat. She is a fast learner. : )


Sunday nights at the Miller household is Family Movie Night. This week it was the boys turn to pick and they selected Mary Poppins. We always make air-popped popcorn with butter and salt-a favorite of mine from growing up. Jordan doesn't really care for the popcorn, but always requests it. He says it is "Just in case he wants some. " Maya always wolfs down her popcorn - even before I start making it, she'll start saying "Ella bowl! Ella bowl!". The kids have special bowls we use only for Family Movie Night - Jordan has a Cars one and Maya has Cinderella on hers. I still am amazed how much popcorn Maya can pack in her little tummy.
Now everyone is sleeping and I am settling into a Golden Girls marathon on the Hallmark channel. I absolutely love this show. I can remember watching it with my Grandma and Grandmpa Sommer upnorth when I was younger and have been hooked ever since. I cannot count how many nights it has lulled me to sleep and I even brought the DVDs to the hospital to watch when I had both of my kids (not necessarily during the delivery, though!). The humor is hilarious and overall the show just makes me very comfortable. A perfect ending to the night. : )




















No comments:

Post a Comment